Friday, January 22, 2010

Another Weight loss Book

I know I said I wasn't going to buy another diet book but there I was watching The Monique show and my man, Dr. Ian Smith was up there talking about his book The 4-day Diet. As you know I read his other book The Fat Smash diet, so I thought maybe I should give his new book a try. The thing that peek my curiosity was he said in his new book, he would show you how to include real food in your diet. He will show you how to eat the foods you enjoy and still lose weight. He said these magic words "You can even eat pizza and french fries" in moderation of course, but you can include them in your diet. That's all it took for me to be on board.

I've only read through the first couple of chapters of the book and it been talking about setting realistic goals for weight loss. You see I am the type of person who wants to lose weight and have it all gone by the end of the week, knowing that it has taken me about 30 years to put it on. In my mind I understand the concept of I didn't put it on over night but for some strange reasons I want to see results fast. I often get discouraged when I don't see what I want, when I want to see it. So I'm working hard at not doing that this time. Patience is a virtue, right. I'm trying to set a reasonable weight loss goal for myself. I will let you know.

Another thing he discusses in the book is do not be a slave to the scale. ("Hello, My name is Pam and I am a Scale-aholic") Dr. Smith also discussed other ways inwhich you can see results of your weight loss such as Clothes that were once tight, that are fitting you better or loose. I am experiencing those things. I recently measured my waist and notice I have lost 3 inches in my waist. That made me feel great. That is a reason to celebrate, right. However, I want to see the number's ticking away on that scale. Patience IS a Virtue. I am 8 pounds lighter and I haven't gain anything back, yet. YAY!!!!

I will continue reading and continue working....I know there isn't any magic tricks but I know there is something out there that will work for me. I will let you know when I find it. I will continue to be PATIENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment