Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oprah Said

Oprah said that she loves to help make some one's dreams come true. What does it mean to have a dream? How do you go about making your dreams come true? My dream has always been to write the "Great American Novel." I mean I am always amazed at how people put words on paper, and make them flow so smoothly to create a story that interest people. I mean I have the ability to tell a story with words. I can tell funny interesting stories. However, when I try to put my words on paper I can't seem to make them flow like I would like. Write what you know is what good writers always say. Sometimes I don't know what I know. Sometimes I wonder if someone would want to read my words. Then I begin to wonder if I should be writing to please others or myself. I think I should write for me and not for others. When you try to make others happy then you lose a part of yourself. I have spent what seems to be a lifetime trying to please those around me. Stepping back and letting those around me shine while I stood quietly in the background smiling. I don't want to be a watcher anymore I want to be a doer. I plan on writing for me and not for others. It is time for my dreams to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment