Sunday, April 19, 2009

Maybe there is a reason

Recently a friend describe a date she went on with her new guy which was totally out of character for her. I was confused as to why she would do something she hated just to please the new guy. Then it hit me, this is probably why I don't have or will keep a man because I just can't for the life of me do something that I don't like to do. I was watching The Oprah Winfrey Show recently and Steve Harvey was on promoting his new book. A woman asked him a question as to why a guy didn't call her back after they had what she thought was a great day. During the the date the guy ran into the ocean with his clothes on and the girl didn't. Steve said something that was so simple that I couldn't even believe it. Maybe he wanted a girl who would jump in the ocean with her clothes on. I mean that was genius. All these years when I refuse to go camping, fishing or sit in the hot sun; the guy was looking for someone to do all those things. I am wondering if I need to revamp my whole system. Maybe I could sleep in a tent for the guy or maybe I could spend an afternoon in the park in the middle of August or maybe I could sit in a boat or on a pier and pretend that I loved to fish right along with him. Maybe not, but maybe that's the reason I'm still by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment